Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TRUTH ABOUT REDHEADS




You know how guys talk. By the time I had reached my late 30's, I had dating experiences with a variety of women--with the exception, as did most of the guys around me, with redheads. Now I don't mean ginger-, or rust-, or auburn-haired women. I mean flaming red! They were a rarity, even in New York! So naturally there grew up a certain mystique about red-heads. About blondes we said they were dumb. And raven-haired women were sexy. But were most red heads ugly? And were they really hot-headed? However there was one burning question that none of us men could answer. So I was determined to discover the answer to this unanswered, up-in-the-air puzzle about red heads. Luckily, our principal hired a red-headed, substitute teacher! Now I don't mean she was a Nicole Kidman red head! No, she was a Rita Hayworth, flaming red, red head! As the senior English teacher in my school, I persuaded my principal to appoint me as this new teacher's "buddy"! And what a buddy I became! I schooled her on all the teaching techniques I had acquired over the years. I let her copy my best lesson plans! Since she was a single mom, one day, not having hired a baby-sitter, she invited me to her home for further help. My chance had finally come! Since I hadn't been stupid by falling in love with her, I was able to concentrate on the end game! Mission soon accomplished! Oh, and that question all the guys wanted answered? Yes---they are red all over!