Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MARY JANE & I CALL IT QUITS



I've had it with Mary Jane! I first heard about her in junior high school. Boys who had gone out with her claimed she was really hot! They kept meeting with her in dark alleys and in the corners of our playground. They no longer wanted to play on our teams. All they had time for was playing with Mary Jane! They invited me to join them, but I was already puffing on Lucky Strikes, fearful that my parents would smell cigarette smoke on my breath or on my school clothes! Besides, rumors were going around that Mary Jane had driven some of the young boys insane! But despite these (and other terrible rumors), Mary Jane grew in popularity! Guys continued to spend more and more money on her! Most of the time I saw her, she was dressed in a long, thin white gown and she always wore a familiar, sweetish perfume! All through high school and my army days, I kept losing friends swallowed in the arms of Mary Jane! She was very attractive, but I was able to resist her charms! Until I reached college, that is! She kept changing her name ("Dona Juana" "Sweet Lucy" "Fine Stuff" etc.) and finally Mary Jane had me hooked! Maybe it was the long study nights and the Johnny Walker scotch, but my resistance evaporated! I fell for her like a ton of bricks! Mary Jane kept me awake for those long nights of study, and when I needed to relax, she was there to help me drift off into blissful sleep! After college, Mary Jane and I had an off and on relationship.I could take her or leave her alone! Mostly, I left her alone. Then, about a month ago I was told Mary Jane was back in town more tempting than ever--more powerful! I couldn't resist getting in bed with Mary Jane again! This time, she was going by the name of "Krippy!" And this time, she was too much for me! My old body couldn't handle what she was putting down! I was sick as a dog for several days! This time I've made up my mind for good! This is the end of what was once a lovely affair with Mary Jane!