Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THE SEVEN-MONTH ITCH



Patterns we form early in life set out our path for years to come. My relationships with girls and women began when I was in first grade! You've heard of the "seven year itch", haven't you? After seven years in a relationship or marriage, a man's hunting instinct is revived, and he seeks an outside affair. (Don't worry, gals, that "itch" doesn't last forever, and when he returns to you, you won't have anything to fear from him for another seven years!) Because of what happened to me in first grade in New York, my "itch" comes in seven month cycles--not seven years! I fell in "love" with a really cute classmate, Lauralee. We sat together every chance we got. I shared my lunch cookies with her, and she shared her milk with me. We were such a "loving" pair (holding hands, hugging, cheek-kissing) that our teacher made the approving comment, "Aren't they precious. Just like kindergarten Romeo and Juliet!" That is, until she caught me with my hand under Lauralee's skirt! (I had been hearing stories told to me by boys in the upper grades--and I was curious!) Before I knew it, before I had a chance to tell her goodbye, Lauralee was out of the class and headed back down South where her parents had sent her! I can't say I was broken-hearted (after all, I was only six or seven), but I learned that from then on I would not let myself fall in love so easily. But that didn't mean I gave up girls. Oh, no! Each school term after that I spent the first few weeks getting acquainted, not with my new teachers, but with the new girls in my classes! Since I wasn't in love with them, my affairs ended after every seven school year months! Thus was set a relationship pattern that continued even after my school years--seven months and I was outta there! This pattern held true except for my two 10-year marriages (where I managed to remain faithful) and with my long (and fated) affair with Punkus!